Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental (QHSE) Policy
Bluestream is seriously committed to Safety Health Environmental and Quality (QHSE) excellence. We recognise that best QHSE performance is essential to our business success and that QHSE issues are paramount to our business activities.
Therefore, it is Bluestream’s policy to:
- Demonstrate visible and active leadership that engages employees and contractors and manage QHSE performance as a line responsibility with clear authorities and accountabilities
- Ensure that all Bluestream employees and contractors understand that working safely is a condition of employment, and that they are each responsible for their own safety and the safety of those around them
- Comply with all relevant QHSE legislation, regulations and other requirements
- Ensure that systems are developed and implemented to identify, assess, monitor, periodically review and control QHSE impacts related to Bluestream’s’ business activities
- Set QHSE objectives and targets, and achieve superior performance through the utilization of a continuous improvement processes
- Provide necessary training and education to enable Bluestream employees to understand and perform their roles and responsibilities involved with their job functions
- Implement mechanisms to communicate with, and obtain input from employees, customers, contractors, trade associations and governmental bodies
This statement of policy is the foundation that supports Bluestream QHSE Management System. It establishes our management philosophy with regard to the QHSE values, as well as a shared vision between our customers, contractors and suppliers.
The Bluestream QA and SHE Manuals describe the QHSE Management System, responsibilities of the Bluestream organization and control features necessary to achieve our QHSE vision.
Compliance with this manual is consistently applied at all Bluestream facilities. All employees identified with responsibilities in the QHSE Management System are responsible to implement the requirements specifically assigned, and visibly demonstrate their commitment to the QHSE process through their actions while performing their work duties.
At Bluestream, we are committed - ethically, financially and personally - to a working environment where no one gets hurt and nothing is harmed.
R.J. de Vries