Our clinet has been operating the P6-D platform for years. But in 2019, the platform was damaged after a fishing vessel collided with one of its legs. The collision damaged the platform’s J-tube and the umbilical inside it.
As part of the wider decommissioning project, Bluestream was contracted to repair the damaged control umbilical in order to re-establish control over the subsea wells. Bluestream rope access technicians removed a damaged section of the J-tube before stripping back the control umbilical and reattaching its vital hydraulic and electric connections.
• Onshore mock-up and testing of cutting equipment
• Training of multi-skilled rope access technicians for umbilical repair
• Installation of temporary fixation clamps on J-tube
• Removal of damaged J-tube section
• Installation of temporary fixation clamps on umbilical
• Cutting and removal of damaged umbilical section
• Installation of new umbilical section